Wednesday, September 24, 2008

McCain Calls Time Out

How will McCain's decision to suspend his campaign and return to Washington play? For me it is junior high b.s. We don't always have the luxury of doing one thing at a time, and sitting presidents, let alone Senators, often have to make time to debate their opponents. Second, McCain has already said he knows little about economics, so I don't see how his presence is going to help.

The Senataor from AZ can wrap this up in the flag all he wants, but I suspect many will think it is gimmicky, or worse, a sign of weakness. (And John is never weak. He is TOUGH.) It seems doubtful that Americans will not notice that this adventure accompanies a precipitous drop in national and state polls.

On a less partisan note, the very fact that McCain can do this is a sign of the weak leadership coming from the White House. Other than saying "give me what I want now" the President has been a no show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home