Monday, April 06, 2009

I Was Wondering

This week Congress is debating the Kennedy Serve America Act which would fund an additional 175,000 public service internships across the country. For myself, I like the idea of mandatory public service because we may actually succeed in creating a generation of Americans who are not wholly self absorbed and parochial in their outlook and who may actually gain some knowledge about how America works.

I was wondering how the GOP would oppose this idea. Michelle Bachmann (R MN) answered my question by reporting that the Kennedy Act was nothing more than an attempt to push our youth into "re education camps" and put them to work in "politically correct" jobs. (You can check out the live audio on HuffingtonPost.com).

Well, I knew there was an argument there somewhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home