Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Just Add One Cup of Sugar and Drink....

I was on vacation last week and returned to the United States only to find out that Oprah Winfrey and Mitch Albom will collude on a movie version of Albom's last book. So America's reigning queen of pop psychology and low end intellectualism will finally join forces with America's reigning king of sweet sentimentality.

The whole thing reminds me of an experience I had on vacation. When you take a bunch of really sweet liquors, mix them with some heavily sugared punch and then put them inside a pineapple what results is a generally noxious combination -- bearing no resemblance to anything alcoholic -- that will exit your system not long after it entered leaving behind only a headache.

Like this rum punch, I suspect the masses will break their collective ankles trying to get hold of the Albom/Winfrey progeny. Who can resist all those sweet tastes without a trace of bitternesss...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mega said...

Personally I hate drinks where I can't taste the alcohol. Then I can't gauge just how much I just drank to prepare myself for the next one.

Alcoholic drinks without the alcohol taste= dangerous!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home