Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Enough Already

I really don't know enough to render any opinion as to whether Roland Burris can or should be seated as the junior Senator from Illinois. I do know this though. Burris needs to stop all the god talk as in:

We are hoping and praying that they will not be able to deny what the Lord has ordained.


I propose a moratorium on any public figure claiming any of their actions are ordained, inspired or sanctioned by god, claiming they sought god's advice, or claiming that any situation is the work of god. All of this is just a cute way to avoid taking responsibility for anything, is just egotistical, and effectively bastes even half baked ideas in a divinity infusion.

After eight years of the goddiest President ever, I think we all need a rest ... including god. (But s/he did not tell me that.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home