Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What a Difference Time Makes

This is Wendy Vitter speaking about her husband, Rep. Ravid Vitter (R LA) who admitted to frequenting prostitutes:

"Like all marriages, ours is not perfect. None of us are. But we choose to work together as a family. When David and I dealt with this privately years ago, I forgave David. I made the decision to love him and to recommit to our marriage. To forgive is not always the easy choice, but it was and is the right choice for me. David is my best friend."

Touching. But this is Wendy Vitter speaking about Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2000:

"I'm a lot more like Lorena Bobbitt than Hillary. If he does something like that, I'm walking away with one thing, and it's not alimony, trust me."

(For those of you who do not recall, Lorena Bobbitt achieved minor fame for emasculating her husband, John Wayne Bobbitt, while he slept.)

Golly whiz. I guess feelings change based on whether you are trying to wreck someone else's husband's political career or salvage your own husband's political career. Or maybe its easier to be self righteous when you are not looking in the mirror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home